Our youth volunteering programs are a great way for young people aged 14 – 21 to get involved in the community, develop new skills and hang out with a cool group of people! Many students use the program to contribute to their Duke of Edinburgh Award, Service Learning in the Community or CAS service commitment with weekly meetings being held at the Youth Development Centre. Volunteering programs run in roughly ten week cycles, commencing at the beginning of each school term. Each program requires at least twelve hours commitment from participants.
Vocal Rewind (Music and Events) volunteers are involved in organizing and running live music events, View Finders (Environmental Sustainability) plan environmental campaigns and projects, Mospress (Youth Media) campaign to give young people in Mosman a voice, and F.R.E.S.H. (Food, Recreation, Education, Society and Health) focus on healthy eating and practically implement learning by providing food to young people in Mosman. For more information go to www.mosmanyouth.com.au.
Watch our short video on Youth Volunteering and Social Impact:
- Tuesdays (Vocal Rewind) 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm
- Wednesdays (View Finders) 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm
- Wednesdays (F.R.E.S.H.) 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm
- Thursdays (Mospress) 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm
QualificationsVolunteers should be:
- Willing to learn
- Ready to have fun
- Develop skills in leadership, practical problem-solving and events management and/or environmental sustainability campaigning
- Build relationships with young people from different schools and/or universities
- Take part in skill development workshops
Contact the Youth Services Team
- Youth Services Office – 9978 4013