Become a volunteer
- Become a Bushcare volunteer
If you’d like to volunteer, no experience is necessary, just enthusiasm and an interest in the preservation of our unique natural heritage. The amount of time you give is up to you – volunteers can be flexible with their participation in the program. Learn more
Your Council contacts
- Liz Nagel, Community Volunteers Coordinator, email or phone 9978 4089
- Ryan Mouthaan, Volunteers Support Officer, email or phone 9978 4216
A special application is required for working with children, volunteer staff are happy to assist with this.
Volunteer opportunities with Mosman Council
We are looking for special people to help with:
- Individual Transport Driver
- Bus Assistant
- Meals on Wheels – help in the kitchen or with deliveries to those who are unable to shop or cook for themselves
- Community Restaurant – Tuesdays and Fridays, help with setting up and serving a three course lunch for frail older people and those more active who attend the restaurant
- Neighbour Aid – support for frail older people and younger people with disabilities living in their own homes by helping with shopping, visiting and most importantly companionship
- Computer Pals – seniors teaching seniors how to use a computer
- Bushcare / Bushland Regeneration
- Home Library Service Volunteer
- Local Studies – Oral History Researcher, House History Researcher, Family History Researcher, Exhibitions Assistant
- Art Gallery – Gallery Assistant, Administration Assistant, Curatorial Research Assistant, Special Events Assistant
- Community Visitors Scheme – visiting on a one-to-one basis, residents of nursing homes and hostels
See the Volunteers Information booklet below for the job descriptions for all these positions.
- Volunteers Information booklet (PDF 175KB)
To learn more about volunteering with Mosman Council, please read this booklet. It provides more information about:
- volunteer rights and responsibilities
- information for volunteers who work with children and young people
- volunteer programs and contacts
- volunteer job descriptions
Other volunteering organisations in Mosman
- State Emergency Service (SES)
- Mosman Day Centre
- Lower North Shore Stroke Recovery Group
Other volunteering opportunities
Volunteer Drivers Needed at Jean Colvin Cancer Centre!
- Do you have a few spare hours a week?
- Would you like to make a difference to the lives of people from country NSW by helping them access treatment through transport, but also being a friendly and familiar face?
- Would you like to be part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team of volunteers and staff?
The Jean Colvin Cancer Centre in Darling Point is seeking volunteer drivers to transport guests to and from the Jean Colvin Cancer Centre to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RPA) using the Can Assist Tarago on an agreed schedule.
The Jean Colvin Cancer Centre provides accommodation to country people affected by cancer who need to come to Sydney for radiotherapy. Often the stay is 6 weeks and the JCCC provides transport to the main treatment hospitals to ensure the guests make their way to treatment and back easily and stress-free, each day.