Public exhibition of draft Plans of Management for Parks and Bushland
The Plan of Management for Parks and Plan of Management for Natural Areas (Bushland), which apply to Community land in Mosman, have been reviewed and updated. Most large areas of open space in Mosman such as Balmoral Park, Reid Park, Spit Reserves and Sirius Park fall under the Crown Lands Act and are not affected by these Plans. Land to which the draft Plans apply can be viewed on the Plans of Management Map.
The draft Plans are on public exhibition from Thursday 21 June to Thursday 19 July 2012 and submissions will be accepted up to Thursday 2 August. Make an online submission below, or address your submission to the General Manager, Mosman Council, PO Box 211, Spit Junction, 2088.
Why were the plans updated?
It was considered timely to update the draft Plans of Management from 2001 to:
- Make changes to the individual lots of community land due to lot consolidation, park name changes, rezoning, and acquisition of new land
- Update performance targets and objectives for the land
- Include references to recent open space studies
- Update references from Mosman LEP 1998 to Mosman LEP 2012.
A detailed list of the changes proposed can be found in the report to Council Meeting 1 May 2012, when Council considered the draft Plans.
For any enquiries please call Kate Ingram on 9978 4154.
- Draft Plan of Management 2012 Natural Areas (Bushland) (PDF 544KB)
- Draft Plan of Management 2012 Parks (PDF 542KB)
- Map showing land affected by draft Plans 2012 (PDF 447KB)
- Report to Council - 1 May 2012 (PDF 96KB)
Thursday 19 July 2012
- Submissions have now closed for this item. You are viewing an archived web page.