Urban Planning Committee (UPC)
Council has established the Urban Planning Committee to provide advice to Council about significant planning matters in Mosman. The matters the Committee will consider are:
- Drafting a guidance document for Mosman which articulates the public benefits considered appropriate in connection with the development of land, and the possible increased height and floor space ratio that could apply to such land in return for the identified public benefits.
- All requests for planning agreements for public benefits (as defined under Section 7.4 (previously section 93F) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979) in connection with the development of land in Mosman; and
- All requests to amend Mosman Local Environmental Plan 2012 (i.e. planning proposals) to provide opportunities for additional housing in Mosman to meet obligations under the State Government’s Metropolitan Plan A Plan For Growing Sydney and the North Subregional Strategy.
Savings and transitional provisions apply, meaning that, any reference to a provision of the Act that has been renumbered or relocated by the EP&A Amendment Act 2017 is taken to be a reference to the renumbered or relocated provision.
The Committee is comprised of the Councillor Carolyn Corrigan (Mayor), Councillor Libby Moline (Deputy Mayor), and Councillor Roy Bendall.
Meetings of the Committee will be held as required. Meetings will be open to the public. The agenda and minutes of meetings will be published on Council’s website.
- UPC Charter (245.3KB)
- UPC Guidelines (91.5KB)
- Report on formation of UPC (246.2KB)
- Application to Address UPC (43.2KB)
Enquiries to Council‘s Urban Planning Team on 9978 4058.