Food safety information for businesses
Food Standards Australia New Zealand
The primary role of this bi-national Governmenmt Agency is to develop and administer the Australian and New Zealand Food Standards Code.
NSW Food Authority
The NSW Food Authority is a State Government agency established in April 2004 to provide New South Wales with a food regulation system. It was formed by merging SafeFood NSW with the food regulatory activities of NSW Health. Tthe NSW Food Authority is responsible for food safety across the entire food industry, from primary production to point-of-sale.
Food Safety Information Council
The Food Safety Information Council is a non-profit group with representatives of State and Federal governments, food industry and professional associations. Membership is open to any organisation with an interest in promoting safe food handling practices for consumers.
Food Safety Standards Fact Sheets
- Food Safety Standards - Health and hygiene: Responsibilities of food businesses (PDF 67KB)
- Food Safety Standards - Temperature control requirements (PDF 66KB)
- Food Safety Standards - Thermometers and using them with potentially hazardous food (PDF 69KB)
- Food Safety Standards – Food business notification requirement (PDF 64KB)
- Food Safety Standards – Food handling skills & knowledge (PDF 66KB)
- Food Safety Standards – Food recall systems for unsafe food (PDF 67KB)
- Food Safety Standards – Receiving food safely (PDF 68KB)
- Store, display and transport food at the right temperature (PDF 250KB)