Helpful hints for consumers
In addition to the Food Safety Standards many resources have been developed by various government and non-government organisations to assist food business owners, operators and food handlers understand their obligations and to comply with legislative requirements.
Below are links to some of the resources.
General fact sheets
- Cooking temperature guide (PDF 740KB)
- Doggy bags (PDF 51KB)
- Family feasts (PDF 40KB)
- Kids lunches (PDF 50KB)
- Pregnancy brochure (PDF 345KB)
- Raw and lightly cooked eggs in food service and manufacturing (PDF 168KB)
- Raw meat and safe eating (PDF 56KB)
- Safe food tips (PDF 39KB)
- Safe handling of fresh fruit and vegetables (PDF 55KB)
- Safe handling of poultry and raw meat (PDF 33KB)
- Shopping trolleys (PDF 39KB)
- Takeaway food (PDF 41KB)