What you can do to help
Look after our valuable environment
- Fish responsibly and adhere to protected areas and restrictions.
- Buy sustainable seafood – buy a sustainable seafood guide from AMCS.
- Leave marine creatures in their natural habitats with plenty of space and minimal disturbance.
- Report introduced marine pests.
- Report illegal or suspect fishing activities to the Fisher’s Watch phone line: 1800 043 536.
- Don’t litter.
- Prevent stormwater pollution of our waterways.
- Join a local environmental group.
- Volunteer on Clean Up Australia Day in March.