Smoke Free Zones
Mosman is a beautiful place with its sandy beaches, green foreshore reserves and public open space. Each year many thousands of visitors come to Mosman to enjoy the things that we enjoy every day such as making a trip to the beach, going for a walk, having something to eat or taking the children to sport. These are all about getting fresh air and living life to the full.
Residents of Mosman and everyone who visits have the right to a clean and healthy environment. To preserve this right for the community, Mosman Council has made its beaches, children’s playgrounds, playing fields and some public space areas smoke free. This means everyone can breathe cleaner air and enjoy a healthier environment.
Smoking is no longer acceptable in the following areas:
- All harbour beaches and foreshore reserves.
- All parks and reserves, including Reservoir Park, Mosman Square and the Village Green.
- Within 10 metres of all Council owned children’s play areas.
- On and around all Council sporting grounds, playing fields, bushland areas, bus shelters and underground car parks.
- Within 10 metres of all Council properties.
- At designated and signposted alfresco dining areas on Council land.
- At all Council events.
There is an on-the-spot penalty of $110. Council seeks your co-operation as an alternative to enforcement of such penalties.
Mosman Council’s policy
- Smoking in Public Places - Management of (PDF 53KB)
- Cafes and restaurants with outdoor dining areas on Council land which are Smoke Free Zones (PDF 24KB)