- This event has concluded. You are now viewing an archived web page.
For current and upcoming events, see What's On in Mosman.
New Years Eve 2012
- Monday 31 December 2012 – Tuesday 1 January 2013
Sydney will be embracing the love this New Year’s Eve with Creative Ambassador Kylie Minogue at the world’s best fireworks celebration, organised by the City of Sydney.
This New Year, Kylie wants everyone to Embrace 2013, especially Embrace Love: “Embrace is all about acceptance, tolerance, fun and, above all, love.”
Delight NYE at Bradleys Head
Located within Sydney Harbour National Park, Bradleys Head will be transformed this New Years Eve into a family friendly playground of light. The park will feel like an enchanted illuminated forest with roving entertainment and theatre to entertain children. Head to the amphitheatre for exceptional and breathtaking views of Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. Find your own little slice of paradise in the park to spend New Years Eve.
Adults: $50, Children (5-15 years): $25, Children under 5: free of charge, Family: $125 (includes 2 adults & 2 children, additional children are at the child’s price $25).
- Delight NYE is a National Parks & Wildlife event – read more on their website
- Book tickets online from NPWS
Plan ahead to make the most of your night
Temporary Road Closures in Mosman
|Street Name||Road Closure Time|
|Bradleys Head Road at Whiting Beach Road||3:00pm|
|Whiting Beach Road at Bradleys Head Road||11:55pm|
|Thomson Street at Bradleys Head Road||11:55pm|
|Prince Albert Street at Queen Street||11:55pm|
Special Event Clearways in Mosman
- Military Road between Mandolong Road and Spit Road – south side
- Bradleys Head Road from Whiting Beach Road to Athol Wharf Road – both sides
- Athol Wharf Road from Bradleys Head Road to Athol Wharf – both sides.
Special Event Clearways apply from 1pm on 31 December 2012 to 3am on 1 January 2013.
In addition, Military Road between Belmont Road and Bradleys Head Road will be a clearway from 3pm 31 December to 3am on 1 January.
Alcohol Free Zone
An Alcohol Free Zone (AFZ) will be in operation from 8am on 31 December 2012 to 6am 1 January 2013 encompassing Bradleys Head Road south of the intersection with Whiting Beach Road to the entrance of the Bradleys Head National Park and continuing down Athol Wharf Road to the Taronga Zoo Wharf.
Athol Beach closed from 6am
Athol Beach will be closed with no access to and from the beach from 6am, 31 December through to 2am, 1 January. Please see the City of Sydney website for information related to New Year’s Eve at Bradleys Head Road National Park events.
The Mosman Rider – your free hail-and-ride, 7 day a week community bus – will operate on both New Years Eve and New Years Day between 8am and 6pm.
- Visit www.livetraffic.nsw.gov.au to see what road works, incidents, road closures or events may impact on your trip.
- City of Sydney offer live updates via Twitter and Facebook.
- Download the 2012 Sydney New Year’s Eve App.