Mosman Library Service has a great range of resources for children of all ages and reading levels.
All Babytimes and Pre-schoolers Storytimes are held during School Terms Only
A lap sit rhyme and story session for babies aged 0–1 years.
- When – Every second Wednesday (during the school terms).
- Time – 11–11.20am and 2.30–2.50pm (two separate sessions per fortnight).
- Dates for 2018 – 31 Jan, 14 Feb, 28 Feb, 14 Mar, 28 Mar, 11 Apr, 2 May, 16 May, 30 May, 13 Jun, 27 Jun, 25 July, 8 Aug, 22 Aug, 5 Sep, 19 Sep, 17 Oct, 31 Oct, 14 Nov, 28 Nov, 12 Dec.
Bright Beginnings @ Barry O’Keefe Library
It’s never too early for your baby to have their very own library card!
Bright Beginnings is a great incentive to borrow books for your baby to enjoy. Simply join up bub, borrow items on the card, and on your third visit to the library you’ll receive a free Bright Beginnings Kit filled with all sorts of goodies for you and your baby. .
Enquire at the Lending desk to receive your registration card.
Encourage a love of stories, books and libraries!
A rhyme, singing and story reading session for toddlers and preschool children aged 2–5 years.
- Storytime at Barry O’Keefe Library is held during the school term (2018 commences Tuesday 30 January)
- Tuesdays at 10:30am for Toddlers (2-3 years)
- Thursdays at 10:30am for Preschoolers (3-5 years)
A program for school children aged 5–12 years old focusing on art and craft.
Dates for 2018 –
February: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 1 Feb: Free Craft
- 8 Feb: Treasure Trove Party
- 15 Feb: Library Lovers’ Day
- 22 Feb: Masks
March: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 1 Mar: World Book Day
- 8 Mar: French Knitting Machine
- 15 Mar: St Patrick’s Day
- 22 Mar: Harmony Day
- 29 Mar: Easter Craft
April: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 5 Apr: Watercolour Drawings
- 12 Apr: Cardboard Puppet Dolls
May: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 3 May: Funny Face Flip Book
- 10 May: Mother’s Day
- 17 May: Peg Dolls
- 24 May: Library and Information Week
- 31 May: World Turtle Day
June: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 7 Jun: World Environment Day
- 14 Jun: Queen’s Birthday
- 21 Jun: Design Your Own Cardboard Glasses
- 28 Jun: Paper Mache Eye Masks
July: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 5 Jul: Colour Your Own Boomerang
- 26 Jul: Make Your Own Tree
August: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 2 Aug: Beading Bracelets
- 9 Aug: Paper Aeroplanes
- 16 Aug: National Science Week
- 23 Aug: Book Week
- 30 Aug: Father’s Day
September: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 6 Sep: Puppet Theatre
- 13 Sep: Clay Modelling
- 20 Sep: Stained Glass Frames
- 27 Sep: Pipe Cleaner Animals
October: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 18 Oct: National Water Week
- 25 Oct: Pumpkin Mask
November: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 1 Nov: Design Your Own Magnets
- 8 Nov: Origami Animals
- 15 Nov: Oil Pastels
- 22 Nov: Christmas Card
- 29 Nov: Treasure Trove Launch Party
December: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 6 Dec: Patty Cake Angels
- 13 Dec: Wishing Tree
Tuesday Lego Club
A Lego Club program for children aged 9–12 years.
Date: First Tuesday of every month (6 Feb, 6 Mar, 3 Apr, 1 May, 5 Jun, 3 Jul, 7 Aug, 4 Sep, 2 Oct, 6 Nov, 4 Dec)
We run school holiday events and special events just for parents. Use this link to find out what is happening here at the Library.
Treasure Trove Summer Reading Program
Mosman Library will be holding its annual Treasure Trove Summer Holiday Reading program for children commencing on Thursday 29 November 4pm 2017 and running until the end of January 2018.
This program is designed to encourage children to continue reading through the Summer Holidays by giving those participating prizes as incentives.
For more information contact the Children’s Librarian Simin Reyhanian on 9978 4092.
Mosman Library Service has a great range of children’s ebooks, educational games and online encyclopaedias. You will need your library card to access these resources.
A large collection of non-fiction eBooks for primary aged children, perfect for homework and school projects.
World Book Online
World Book Online is a one stop shop for all your child’s school project needs. Log in with your Mosman Library Service membership card to discover a boundless world of learning including ebooks, encyclopaedias and interactive games and activities.
World Book eBooks
A comprehensive collection of non-fiction e-books covering a range of topics including animals, science, history, geography and the arts.
World Book Online for Kids
A general reference encyclopaedia especially for primary school kids including easy-to-read articles, multimedia, and a wealth of interactive tools, and activities.
Early World of Learning
A selection of interactive and educational games aimed at supporting your child’s learning. Your child can enjoy reading games, quizzes, videos, sing-a-longs and lots more fantastic educational activities.
The Premier’s Reading Challenge is a special initiative of the Premier of NSW, presented by the NSW Department of Education and Training, to foster a love of literature and to encourage children to read widely for leisure and for pleasure.
For more information, visit the NSW Premier's Reading Challenge