Festival of Mosman
Mosman Council is proud to present the 2013 Festival of Mosman
Saturday 28 September to Sunday 20 October
The Festival will feature all the exceptional characteristics of Mosman, including; its stunning beaches, scenery and lookouts, its harbour lifestyle including fine dining and shopping, its vibrant arts experiences and its easy access to National Parks and other natural wonders. The Festival will also bring innovative cultural and musical events to the area. Lovers of the visual arts, music, art and craft, good food and wine, and the outdoors will certainly be spoilt for choice.
In addition, the highly anticipated Royal Australian Navy International Fleet Review, 3 to 11 October, celebrating the 100 year Anniversary of the Navy first entering Sydney Harbour, promises to be a feast for the senses and delight audiences at this time.
Other highlights include:
- In Situ: Mosman Festival of Sculpture & Installation – artworks in shops and businesses along Military Road from Mosman to Spit Junctions.
- Headland: The Middle Head Project – a series of site-specific responses and an accompanying gallery exhibition of works by 14 established and emerging artists in reference to the active and disused Military sites at Middle Head.
- Freedom of Entry Parade for HMAS Penguin on Tuesday 8 October, 12.30-2pm, along Military Road.
- Launch at Balmoral with Sydney Harbour Aboriginal Canoe Project and a Concert featuring Royal Australian Navy bands.
- An Open Day with Pet’s Day Out, Concert in the Park, Food stalls, Pedal Powered Cinema.
- Exhibitions, historical tours, walks, markets, Children’s Fair.
Festival activities, exhibitions and events will take place at sites throughout Mosman, including Allan Border Oval, Mosman Square and the Village Green, Georges Heights, Bradleys Head, Balmoral, Mosman Art Gallery & Community Centre, and Mosman’s retail shopping precincts along Military Road from Mosman to Spit Junctions.
A Full Program of Events will be available from 28 August. In the meantime put the dates in your diaries and be prepared to enjoy ‘the best of the best’ of Sydney!
General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share your photos of the Festival with the online community by adding them to the Festival of Mosman photo group on Flickr!
For a great way to stay informed and get involved:
Previous Festival programs can be viewed on the archived websites:
- Festival of Mosman 2011
- Mosman Festival 2009
- Mosman Festival 2008
- Mosman Festival 2007
- Mosman Festival 2006
- Mosman Festival 2005