Local Environmental Plan
Mosman Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2012 commenced on 1 February 2012.
It is the principal legal document for controlling development and guiding planning decisions made by Council to facilitate new development that is compatible and appropriate with the preferred role and character of an area.
LEPs commonly control and guide proposed development using land use zones and development standards.
In addition to land use zones and development standards, LEPs include other planning provisions which set out additional planning controls or matters to consider to further guide development. For example, heritage provisions are included in LEPs to ensure heritage values are specifically considered and addressed in development assessment.
Mosman LEP 2012 – maps
Relevant State and Regional plans
Mosman’s LEP was prepared to be consistent with the Standard Instrument Order and relevant State plans. A number of State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPPs) apply to Mosman, in particular Sydney Regional Environmental Plan (Sydney Harbour Catchment) 2005.
Purchasing the LEP
- LEP (written instrument) – $40
- LEP maps – $138 for A0 composite map
Postage and handling are extra. These prices current to 30 June 2012.
Archive: Mosman LEP 1998
Mosman Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 1998 was gazetted on 24 December 1998 and in force until 31 January 2012.
- Mosman Local Environmental Plan 1998* (PDF 349KB)
- Map - Bushfire Prone Lands* (PDF 489KB)
- Map - Foreshore Protection and Acid Sulphate Soils* (PDF 723KB)
- Map - Heritage Conservation* (PDF 440KB)
- Map - Wetlands* (PDF 126KB)
- Map - Zoning* (PDF 499KB)
- Documents marked with an asterix * are preview documents only. They can be viewed online but not printed. Copies can be purchased at the Civic Centre or viewed at the Civic Centre and Mosman Library.