Mosman Heritage Fund
Council can offer small $ for $ grants of up to $3000 per Heritage Item and up to $1000 for properties located within a Heritage Conservation Area under the Mosman Local Environmental Plan 2012.
Applications are assessed and dealt with throughout the year.
You are encouraged to apply for funding through the Mosman Heritage Fund if your property is Heritage listed or it is located within a Heritage Conservation Area and you plan to do maintenance work or to reinstate missing original features – such as fences, verandahs and decorative details.
How to apply for the fund
Applying for the fund is easy!
- Fill in an application form. Download here from the website or pick one up from Council.
- Get two quotes from registered tradespersons.
- Take a few photos of the proposed areas of work and setting of the building.
- Owner’s consent will be required if the applicant is not the owner.
Please note: Some projects may require a development application to be lodged for the proposed works to be undertaken. Council will advise you if this is necessary for your nominated project.
A copy of the Mosman Heritage Fund brochure is available at Council or can be viewed here:
- Mosman Heritage Fund brochure (PDF 738KB)
Should you require any further information contact the Urban Planning team on 9978 4154.
Previously funded projects
Previously funded projects include fencing, repainting in heritage colours and repair of timber joinery. Other projects suitable for funding include maintenance or reinstatement of missing original features on heritage buildings such as fences, verandahs or decorative detail.