Spit Junction Masterplan
Spit Junction is Mosman’s primary business centre located around the intersection of busy Spit and Military Roads. The centre comprises a mix of retail, commercial, residential community, civic and infrastructure land uses.
The Spit Junction Masterplan is an opportunity to revitalise Spit Junction and make it more amenable to the community. The project involves the:
- Preparation of a Masterplan for Spit Junction and;
- Feasibility Study for the Mosman Civic Centre sites.
The Mosman Civic Centre and associated sites is the largest contributor of land mass in the Spit Junction area and it is future of these Council owned sites as determined in the feasibility study that will influence the recommendations made in the Masterplan.
Work on the project commenced in November 2011 with the appointment of the lead consultants JBA Planning and their sub-consultants.
February 2013 – PowerPoint presentation by the project team to the Councillors
- Spit Junction Masterplan - Councillor Briefing - 11 February 2013 (PDF 3MB)
- Councillor Briefing 11 March 2013 on Civic Centre Site Feasibility by CROFI (PDF 3MB)
Have your say
Have your say today by sharing your ideas and comments:
- Visit mosmanplanning.net which contains interesting topic blogs, online surveys, interactive photo gallery, YouTube videos and information on upcoming events.
- ‘Like’ the People’s Junction Facebook page and stay updated on the progress of the project.
- Follow @peoplesjunction on Twitter to receive updates on topics being discussed, updates on the project and dates of upcoming consultation activities.
Spit Junction Masterplan study area
Mosman Civic Centre study area
A – Mosman Civic Centre; Meals on Wheels service; Aged & Disability Services
B – The Village Green
C – Mosman public car park
D – Mosman Library; Youth Centre
E – Mosman Council, Community Development Department
F – Shop (Accoutrement)
G – Shops (street level); Residential units (first floor)