Compost bins & worm farms
Purchase our great little worm farms and composting bins at subsidised prices. And – we deliver!
Stable open base compost bin made of 100% recycled plastic.
- Solid Black Plastic Compost Bin 225L – $41.00
The Tumbleweed compost bin sits on any surface and is easy to use. Simply load your bin with grass clippings, small pieces of garden waste and kitchen waste then clip the lid in place to keep flies out and darkness in.
Mosman Council are now selling worm farms with a touch of elegance for those who would like a worm farm with more style or for those with limited space.
- RELN Worm Factory Worm Farm 63L – $69.00
- Vermi Hut Worm Farm (3 tray) colour bone/claystone 40L – $67.00
These compact units will house 20,000 worms and are suitable for a household of one to four people.
- Order Form: Compost Bin / Worm Farm (PDF 62KB)
Compost bins and worm farms are delivered to residents’ homes.
Be part of the Compost Revolution
Did you know that 4.45 million tonnes of food is thrown out across Australia per year making food the most wasted commodity in Australian households?
Much of this food waste is eadible and could be avoided, spend a few minutes to watch this informative video to illustrate the point.
But what of the unavoidable food waste such as vegetable peelings and egg shells? Composting and worm farming will transform these vauable items to soil. The humble worm farm and compost bin will not only add soil to the garden but
- supply nutrients
- increase moisture retention,
- add helpful bacteria
- improve soil structure allowing pathways for air and water.
- redcue erosion as the humus helps soil particles to hold tightly together
- supress soil bourne diseases by microorganismas commonly associated with compost
- Castings from worms placed in pot plants or compost on the garden will not generate excess methane gas (a green house gas) as nature based systems are oxygenated.
These are some of the wonderful natural services provided just through the simple art of composting and worm farming.
Mosman Council has become part of the Compost Revolution, an online service to assist our residents with composting and worm farming activities.
You may be eligible for a free compost mixer or box of worm blankets so be quick while stocks last.
Need help with organic recycling?
Eco House & Garden workshops
The Kimbriki Resource Recovery Centre runs a series of Eco House & Garden workshops.
The Eco House & Garden is the place to learn how to apply organic gardening principles to everyday gardening. This includes composting, worm farming, mulching and low waste organic gardening.
Help sheets from the NSW Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water:
Costa’s Guide to Household Composting
This short tutorial presented by Planet Ark ambassador Costa Georgiadis will tell you everything you need to know about composts and worm farms for the home.