Community Grants Program 2013/14
Applications are now open for Council’s 2013/2014 Community Grants Program.
Mosman Council recognises the importance of community-based organisations and the significant contribution they make to the Mosman community. To acknowledge this contribution and to assist local organisations in their endeavours, Council makes funds available annually through its Community Grants Program.
The objectives of the Community Grants Program include:
- assisting community organisations to provide key services to the community that supplement community and cultural service provision undertaken by Council
- recognising and encouraging the participation and efforts of the community in the development of projects and activities that benefit the Mosman community
The grants generally do not exceed $2,000.
To be eligible for a Grant, groups and projects must meet the criteria set out in Council’s Financial Assistance Policy and Community Grants Guidelines. Download a copy here:
- Community Grant Guidelines 2013/14 (PDF 62KB)
Organisations that have received grants in previous years must have submitted their evaluation and acquittal of those grants before they will be eligible. The Evaluation Report is available in two formats:
- Community Grants Evaluation Form 2012/13 (PDF 299KB) – a Word document here that can be downloaded and completed then emailed as an attachment with the necessary documents
- Community Grants Evaluation Form 2012/13 (PDF 123KB) – a hard copy version that can be printed, completed by hand and posted together with the necessary documents
Organisations may only apply for one grant in a year. Applications must be made on Council’s application form, which is available in two formats:
- Community Grants Application Form 2013/14 (PDF 348KB) – a Word document here that can be downloaded and completed then emailed as an attachment with the necessary documents
- Community Grants Application Form 2013/14 (PDF 175KB) – a hard copy version that can be printed, completed by hand and posted together with the necessary documents
The following documents should be attached to your application:
- Most recent Profit and Loss Statement
- Most recent Annual Report
- Certificate of Incorporation
- If applicable, written confirmation from the Auspicing Organisation, and a copy of the Auspice Organisation’s Certificate of Incorporation.
- Current Certificate of Insurance
- Letters of Support
- Council’s Evaluation Report form (if not yet submitted for organisations that received a grant from Council’s 2012/13 Community Grants Program)
A project development resource sheet has also been developed by Council to assist applicants in planning and budgeting for their proposed project:
- Community Grants Program Resource Sheet (PDF 25KB)
Applications close on 5th July 2013. Phone enquiries: 9978 4257.
About Mosman Council’s Community Grants Program
Council’s Community Grants Program is offered annually to support non-profit community groups and organisations deliver non-recurrent projects that meet Council’s social and community development objectives.
The grants are generally small and do not exceed $2,000. The total amount allocated through the program each year is $25,000.
Applications are assessed according to criteria set out in Council’s Financial Assistance – Community Projects and Services Grants guidelines.
Eligible groups must meet the following criteria:
- Be properly constituted or affiliated with an umbrella body or covered by the provisions of a properly constituted auspice
- Be not for profit
- Be locally based
- Have a local Management committee
- Service client group of which at least 50% are residents of Mosman
Eligible projects must meet the following criteria:
- Be consistent with, and progress relevant MOSPLAN objectives such as healthy lifestyle, sport and fitness; children’ youth, aged and disability services; mental and other health issues awareness; aboriginal culture; environmental, literary, cultural initiatives and activities;
- Be finite – achievable within the 12 month period
- Meet a demonstrated need
- Build community capacity and/or enhance community connectedness
- Be able to demonstrate tangible outcomes
Applications are made using Council’s application form and guidelines, which are available on Council’s website and otherwise by request at the opening of the Grants Program in May each year.
In addition to the guidelines, applicants should also refer to the Social Theme in Council’s Community Strategic Plan, MOSPLAN, and to Mosman’s Community Profile, available on this website or at Mosman Library.
Applications close around the end of June each year.