Council has two categories of rates, Residential and Non Residential.
Land values are supplied to Council by the Valuer General for rating purposes. These values are revised approximately every 3 years.
Eligible pensioners may be entitled to a rate rebate. Council offers a voluntary rebate to Australian Service Veterans who do not qualify for a pensioner rate rebate. Please call at Council’s Rates Section for more specific information.
Rates can be paid in full or by instalments:
- online, using the Commonwealth Bank’s secure BPOINT facility,
- at any branch or agency of Australia Post using either cash, cheque or EFTPOS,
- by mailing the remittance advice slip together with a cheque in the return envelope provided with your notice,
- by using your banking institution’s B-PAY facility, from either your cheque or savings account, and quoting the biller code and customer reference number on your rate notice, or
- by telephone (1300 276 468) with credit card (American Express, Mastercard or Visa) quoting customer reference number on your rate notice, or
- in person at Mosman Civic Centre using either cash, cheque, EFTPOS or credit card (American Express, Mastercard or Visa).
Please note there is a 1% service fee on all credit card transactions.
- Rate Payments - Direct Debit (DDR) Request from Savings/Cheque Account Form (PDF 120KB)
- Rate Payments - Direct Debit (DDR) Request from Credit Card Form (PDF 121KB)
How often is your land valued? How is your land valued? What is happening this year?
Please refer to NSW Department of Lands – Valuation.