Making a complaint
- All complaints regarding a food related illness should be directed to the NSW Food Authority on 1300 650 124 or by email to email@example.com.
Council staff are available to investigate a broad range of these consumer complaints or concerns about a particular food premise or activity. All such complaints are dealt with confidentially and the complainants name and address / telephone number are sought only to either provide feedback to the complainant or clarify the information initially provided.
Any such complaints can be made to Council’s Environment & Health Unit through our Customer Services Team on (02) 9978 4000.
Complaints may include, but are not limited to:
- Foreign objects in food such as stones, hair, glass, insects, etc,
- Mouldy or rotten foods,
- Swollen cans or products which are past their use by date,
- Poor food handling practices,
- Pests or animals in kitchens or dining areas,
- Unclean premises, and
- Inadequate or incorrect labelling.
It should be noted that Council’s role is to ensure compliance with current food laws in a fair and reasonable manner. This service does not extend to seeking compensation on behalf of customers for food related illness, personal injury, or to providing legal advice.