drug info @ your library
This is a joint initiative of NSW Health’s Community Drug Strategies Branch and the State Library of NSW that provides up-to-date drug information at Mosman Library in the form of books, pamphlets and resource materials.
Resources are selected and regularly updated by specialist staff at the State Library of New South Wales in consultation with experts in the field.
The collection provides easy to read information on:
- commonly used drugs such as cannabis, cocaine, ecstasy, party drugs, heroin, inhalants, steroids, and tobacco
- non-medical use of prescribed drugs
- current issues such as drugs in sport
- drugs and the law
- drugs and mental health
- alcohol, alcohol guidelines and how to cope with problem drinking
- personal narratives and biographies
- where to go for help and support
Also included is information:
- to help parents and carers talk to young people about alcohol and drugs
- for students (secondary and TAFE)
drug info @ your library can also be accessed online at www.druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au