All weddings in Mosman must be booked and it is Council policy that all legal ceremonies on Council land hold the necessary permit.
Popular Council-managed outdoor locations for weddings in Mosman include the Rotunda at Balmoral Beach, Rocky Point Island, Edwards Beach, Rosherville Reserve, Pearl Beach, Clifton Gardens and Reservoir Park (behind Boronia House).
The Mosman Art Gallery & Community Centre offers a range of well appointed function rooms over 3 levels and could be the perfect venue for your wedding or wedding reception.
For venues not managed by Council, see Other venues in Mosman.
We take bookings for weddings up to 12 months in advance. Sorry, we will not book any further in advance! But we do suggest you book as early as possible within that period.
Conditions of use
There are some conditions of use that apply especially to weddings that you should be aware of:
- Bookings for all locations are in blocks of 2 hours. We only book one wedding per 2 hour block. The fee is the same for any location in Mosman.
- For outdoor locations, the booking does not give you exclusive use of the location.
- No special parking arrangements can be made for guests or contractors. At Balmoral we do not offer any parking spaces to drop off and collect equipment or for bridal vehicles – all cars must park legally and are not permitted to use the reserve or driveway under any circumstances. Infringement notices can be given.
- No confetti, rice or rose petals can be thrown or laid.
- Chairs, red carpets and signature tables are permitted, but Council does not supply or hire these.
- Marquees can be erected at designated areas in a few of the Reserves, but written application and approval is required and fees apply. No marquees or shade or rain covers are permitted on Rocky Point Island or adjacent to the Rotunda.
- For outdoor wedding ceremonies we always suggest having a backup plan – that is, an indoor venue! Maybe your reception venue?
- Amplified music or sound is not permitted. This includes CD players and portable music devices. But acoustic music is permitted.
- You can not make changes to your booking unless you contact the Venue Coordinator before the day of your function. For example, if you book Rocky Point Island and the weather is unfavourable on the day you cannot move over to the Rotunda unless you have booked and paid for the 2 venues.
- Couples wishing to use Balmoral and The Esplanade just for photos (no ceremony) do not need to book, but should contact the Venue Coordinator for information of public events or other weddings booked into that area.
To make a booking, check the relevant forms and then contact Council’s Venue Coordinator.